The society will function with non-political and non-profit motives.
- To promote and improve the level medical care given to the pregnant women, unborn child and the new born infant.
- To provide support for current national efforts to bring down national maternal and perinatal morbidity / mortality levels.
- To evolve recommendations and guidelines for Indian Practitioners of Maternal and Fetal Medicine.
- To encourage Indian research and publications in the area of Maternal and Fetal Medicine.
- To modify and publish international guidelines to suit Indian needs.
- To establish Maternal and Fetal Medicine training programs to the level of international standards.